Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our children as confident, happy citizens.
We are currently discussing and agreeing our Vision Statement for St Columba
Love to Learn
Learn to Love
Aim High - There's no ceiling on the Sky!
Staff and Governors will achieve this vision through our key aims which are to:
- provide a safe, secure, nurturing environment where everyone has high aspirations for themselves and others;
- ensure that every child counts and every moment in school counts so that all children are enabled to achieve the highest possible standards;
- promote a positive and inclusive culture where all children are respectful and have high expectations of their own learning and behaviour;
- create a place where everyone is prepared to take risks and try something new showing resilience in their learning. We are always learning together;
- develop an enriching, exciting, memorable curriculum full of learning opportunities which will enable children to blossom instilling in them a lifelong love of learning;
- enable all members of the school community to value, respect and support each other strengthening further the partnerships between home, school and the community in order to give families, our community and the children we serve opportunities to change and grow so that they are equipped for their futures.
Our Christian Values underpin everything we do. They are:
LOVE because it is at the heart of everything we do
COMPASSION because we believe that this encompasses how we should act as people in the world and
HOPE because it sums up what we most want for our school community.
The Diocesan Vision:
To create within a framework of Christian values, a thriving and successful Academy that sets the highest aspirations for children’s attainment and behaviour and enables children to excel academically and socially.