A HUGE welcome to the Chimps Class Page, we hope this is useful place to share information with helpful hints and guidance for parents and most importantly to celebrate the successes of the Chimps throughout the year!
The EYFS Team
Parents as Partners
We understand that an effective partnership between school and home will have a positive impact on children’s learning and development. We encourage the regular sharing of information about the children with parents. We hope to successfully foster this relationship in a variety of ways, such as...
- Proud clouds - these are paper slips in which we ask friends or family members to write anything that their child has impressed you with at home. This can be anything! Such as being independent brushing their teeth, trying new foods or 'showing off' their writing with you at home! We send these templates home but if you would any more they are on our 'proud cloud' display, so please help yourself to more!
- Phonic round- up sheets - we send home weekly phonic round up sheets, which not only update you on what phonemes ad words we have been learning, but it will also contain challenges to for your child to embed their learning - spare sheets are kept on our parents board.
- Workshops- we run a variety of parent workshops throughout the year with a stay and play element. Please see our parent workshop section of the class age for more information.
- Open door policy - in the mornings we encourage parents to come into the classroom to discuss with the class teacher or their child's keyworker any concerns, worries or general information regarding their child. However, in the Summer 2 term, we will start to train the children in coming into class independently to help with the transition to Year 1 and practise using their entrance. (Parents are still welcome to talk to members of the Year R team).
- Tapestry - This is online application which is used as a tool for further communication with parents. This is an interactive online tool whereby observations of key moments in the child’s learning journey both at school and at home can be documented - please see the workshops section of the class page for more information on its usage.
- Stay and Read- These sessions take place every Friday morning from 8:30. This is an opportunity to read with your child and ask a member of the Year R team any questions they may have in regards to reading at home.
Our PE day with the fantastic sports coaches is every Thursday afternoon. Please make sure they have: A coloured house top, black sports shorts, plimsolls or trainers. During the colder months, it is strongly advisable to have a track suit or a sports sweatshirt.
Also, all jewellery must be removed. If, in the case of new ear studs, this is not possible, your child is responsible for taping over the stud/s. The school will provide the tape.
Please also ensure that all shoulder-length hair is tied up.
We Love Reading!
Your child has been provided with a reading log. This will need to brought into school everyday. This is not only a place to write how your child is getting on with their reading book, but also another form of communication with us at school.
Remember - You get one chimp for bringing your book in to school or you could get two chimps for bringing your book and reading at home! Read everyday to get 10 chimps to achieve a bookmark and to work up to choosing a brand new book!
Many thanks for your continued support!